From: Uday Karan [mailto:uday.karan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 5:32 PM
To: Vamsi Krishna (WT01 - Wireless Networks and Devices)
Cc: linux-c-programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Startup function before main.

I really don't understand what is the need to have a
initialization/start up routine before main().  Main is just like any
other function except that it works as a default entry point to which
the glibc start up code makes a call to.

You can have a function main() as your start up routine that calls your
application's main functions app_main() or something similar.
You can do all your start up code in main itself and then call
app_main().

Simulating what you are trying to achieve here should not be very
difficult.  You can tweak your environment and stuff in main().

On 3/27/06, krishna.vamsi@xxxxxxxxx <krishna.vamsi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Before Executing the main function, a startup routine will be executed

> which will set up the initial environment for the process.
>
> This Startup routine will be supplied by the kernel and linked by the
> Linker. My question is : Can we add one more startup routine before
> executing the main program, if yes how??
>

> -Vamsi
> -
> : send the line "unsubscribe
> linux-c-programming" in the body of a message to
> majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx More majordomo info at

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-c-programming" in