Re: amd64 :: SIGABRT in malloc()

Hi,

Thanks alot for the quick reply. :)

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 12:38 +0200, Mihai Dontu wrote:
> Since you managed to get a stack trace (thus using a  program
> that malloc()-s on its own) you can conclude there is nothing
> wrong with malloc(). But there might be a heap corruption  in
> your program. Depends on what your program was  doing  before
> this.

Even I thought so, but this program has stopped working after a recent
(a couple of months back) update of libc6. So was wondering if that
could have caused this problem. I had no issues running this same
program in the older libc (sorry I don't remember the version of the
older libc).

The current version of libc is: 2.3.6-3.

Srinidhi.
--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )         B S Srinidhi
 - against HTML email  X          http://srinidhi.deeproot.co.in

-