Re: Since commit e8907f76544ffe225ab95d70f7313267b1d0c76d bluetooth scanning stopped working on my system

On Thu, 2022-02-24 at 16:43 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Maxim,
>

> Am 24.02.22 um 14:01 schrieb Maxim Levitsky:
>
> […]
>
> > I do notice that even on 5.16 kernel, I am not able to use the HSF
> > or whatever low quality bi-directional bluetooh protocol is called
> > for my headset. Used to work, I don't know what broke it, likely not
> > related to this.
> >
> > I also updated bluez to 5.6 by installing fedora 33 package, and
> > initially it seems to work, but after reboot, the issue shows up
> > again. Looks like sometimes the scan does work. So far I wasn't able
> > to make it work even once since then. Reloading btusb doesn't help.
> > Can't install newer package due to deps on glib sadly. I might be
> > able to compile it from source, but that will take some time to
> > figure out how the components of the bluez stack are connected
> > together.
> >
> > For the reference I have 'Intel Corp. AX200 Bluetooth' and I have
> > the same device on my AMD laptop and both have USB ID 8087:0029 My
> > AMD laptop has Fedora 34 though.
>
> Sorry, I lost track, if it’s still about one regression, you
> successfully bisected or not.
yes, I sucessfully bisected the regression. 1 commit before mentioned commit
the bluetooth works for me, and not after it, with same .config and everything else.

> Anyway, passing through the USB Bluetooth device to QEMU helped me [1],
> and might help you to overcome the dependency problems. (My steps
> actually worked, but turned out the Linux kernel commit I tested with
> had another regression not making the Bluetooth controller initialize.)
First thing I tried, but alas it worked for me in fedora 34 VM I tried to test with
(with the same 5.17-rc5 kernel, albeet with different .config, more tailored for a VM).

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky