Re: Since commit e8907f76544ffe225ab95d70f7313267b1d0c76d bluetooth scanning stopped working on my system

Dear Maxim,

Am 24.02.22 um 14:01 schrieb Maxim Levitsky:
On Tue, 2022-02-22 at 10:35 -0800, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 7:14 PM Maxim Levitsky wrote:
Today I updated to a new kernel and I am bisecting few regressions:

[…]

I do notice that even on 5.16 kernel, I am not able to use the HSF
or whatever low quality bi-directional bluetooh protocol is called
for my headset. Used to work, I don't know what broke it, likely not related to this.

I also updated bluez to 5.6 by installing fedora 33 package, and initially it seems to work, but after reboot, the issue shows up again. Looks like sometimes the scan does work. So far I wasn't able to make it work even once since then. Reloading btusb doesn't help. Can't install newer package due to deps on glib sadly. I might be able to compile it from source, but that will take some time to figure out how the components of the bluez stack are connected together.

For the reference I have 'Intel Corp. AX200 Bluetooth' and I have
the same device on my AMD laptop and both have USB ID 8087:0029 My
AMD laptop has Fedora 34 though.

Sorry, I lost track, if it’s still about one regression, you successfully bisected or not.

Anyway, passing through the USB Bluetooth device to QEMU helped me [1], and might help you to overcome the dependency problems. (My steps actually worked, but turned out the Linux kernel commit I tested with had another regression not making the Bluetooth controller initialize.)

Marcel also replied, he is using btproxy to debug issues, but I did not try it, as it wasn’t clear to me how to get it working easily, and he also wrote something about non-public patches.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-bluetooth/5891f0d5-8d51-9da5-7663-718f301490b1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u