mesh: Send mesh model message to group address

Hi,

I'm new to the mailing list, so please be patient.

I've been using meshctl to provision/configure a group of mesh nodes.

There does not seem to be a mechanism in meshctl to send model messages to group addresses or virtual addresses.

As an example, consider the simple OnOff model. I can configure the subscription for an OnOff model with a group address. However, the meshctl onoff command will not work with a group address set for the onoff target.

I have modified the cmd_set() function in onoff-model.c by removing the node_find_by_addr(target) check and this works fine. Obviously, that only works for the OnOff model. I'd happily submit a patch for that model, but that doesn't seem to be a very good general solution.

So is meshctl the right (only) tool to use on Linux?
Is there a newer tool that is planned or under development?

regards,
mike