Re: Limiting what devices can pair over Bluetooth?

Hi James,

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 3:47 AM James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We don't normally enable Bluetooth on Linux (CentOS 7) installs for security reasons, but we have a case where we would like to use a Wacom tablet over Bluetooth
>
> I would like to be able to configure things so Bluetooth can _only_ be used to pair with Wacom tablets (or just HID devices?)
>
> As I never used Bluetooth in anger before, I'm struggling to find out where to start looking - does anyone know how to do this - or any pointers for where I should start looking?

Are you asking this from the system or user perspective, from the
system we don't have a configuration where you can restrict the types
of devices that the user can pair, on the other hand there is nothing
stopping the user interface (gnome, kde, etc) to implement such policy
on their bluetooth settings, though be aware targeting a subset of HID
devices may not be possible.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz