Re: bluez meshctl error: socket operation on non-socket

Hi Venkat,

> On Nov 28, 2019, at 2:59 AM, Venkat Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for the response. Yes, I am using PB-GATT barrier. With bluetooothd running, I am able to provision my device.

Ok... well if this is specifically to play with Zephyr, you can build it to accept PB-ADV based provisioning as well. But i think Zephyrs mesh tip is PN-GATT by default.

> I also tried mesh-cfgclient but unsuccessful. I launched the shell with mesh-cfgclient (with bluetooth-meshd running) and I gave create command in the shell. I see segmentation fault. Any steps I am missing?

Are you on the tip of both the BlueZ tree, and the ELL tree? Also, what linux distro are you using?

> Is mesh-cfgclient only for provisioning or also for sending mesh messages also?

mesh-cfgclient not only provisions devices with PB-ADV, but it also is a full featured Config Client. It can send keys, bindings, subscriptions, and publications.