Re: BlueZ 5.50: Avoid service discovery in every connection

Hi Miguel,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 3:25 PM Miguel Sancho <miguel.a.sancho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> using Bluez 5.50 to pair do a BLE device, I am seeing that there is
> Service Discovery every time the peripheral is connected:
> ReadRequest
> ReadRequest
> Read By Group Type Request
> Read By Group Type Request
> Read By Group Type Request
> This behavior continues even if the remote device is marked as trusted.
> how can this be avoided?

That shouldn't happen, do you have the bluetoothd logs of that? Also
make sure you don't have Cache=off:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/src/main.conf#n83

By default bluetoothd should always cache attributes, but there
perhaps you either disable it or the device is sending service changed
which invalidates the cache, though we don't actually discard the
cache but attempt to check if the services have really changed.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz