Re: drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig BT_HCIUART_RTL depends on ACPI

On 18/02/2019 10:48, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi David,

On Arch Linux Arm, have a couple of people helping with the Tinker Board Patches - think we are close to something that may get passed.

Now testing it far more, and a snag, drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig contains:

config BT_HCIUART_RTL
     bool "Realtek protocol support"
     depends on BT_HCIUART
     depends on BT_HCIUART_SERDEV
     depends on GPIOLIB
     depends on ACPI
     select BT_HCIUART_3WIRE
     select BT_RTL

But why does it depend on ACPI? I haven't found a way of setting that in 4.20, used to be in Power Management IIRC - but can't find now.

find . -name Kconfig -type f -exec grep "select ACPI" '{}' \;

Doesn't find anything to select ACPI …
initially we only supported Realtek chips that are described via ACPI. For DT based ones you need to extend this. The Broadcom ones uses this line:

depends on (!ACPI || SERIAL_DEV_CTRL_TTYPORT)

Maybe this works here as well.

Regards

Marcel

Thanks Marcel,

Happy we have some else on ArchLinux ARM, Stefan Wahren, who has showed an interest in getting these things working. He has (very recently) had a go at and update, available here:

https://gist.github.com/lategoodbye/79bac99d4f1158a719a48ea3c45eb7f1

Any we have asked someone with a ASUS Tinker Board (S) to test. Stefan changes are good, because he has set up so it uses device tree - which is what we need on ARM. However he has said this was just a hack, so even if it works I expect he'll make more updates.

Hopefully though he'll be able to send a PATCH  in when he is ready.

Regards,

David