Improving error messages in BlueZ

Hi,

I am not familiar with the way pull requests work on git.kernel.org,
so I'm trying to make my proposal via email. Excuse me if I'm doing
something wrong here.

I wanted to improve the error messages that gatttool prints, a.o. when
not specifying a value to write to a certain characteristic. See
https://github.com/pauloborges/bluez/pull/8/commits/745e8308bacb0e60e39237c821b08960cf0aba55
where I made a commit that would do so.

When following the tutorial on how to make a pull request
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.17/maintainer/pull-requests.html),
upon trying to push my commit to a new branch, I got an "access
denied" error message from git. So I guess not everyone can just make
a pull request? Can I get any help on how to make this work?

Kind regards,
Robbert