Re: kernel smp.c functions not called by Bluetootl LE controller

Am 20.07.2017 um 20:24 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> Hi Martin,
>
>> I try to call printk (with priority KERN_ALERT) functions placed in the
>> net/bluetooth/smp.c file of my linux kernel 4.9.35 in order to get
>> output from specifc functions like:
>>
>> static int smp_cmd_public_key()
>>
>> But during a pairing with another bluetooth LE device the output of
>> these function is never shown in /var/log/kern.log
>>
>> Is there any way to verify, that the LE Controller accesses the Security
>> Manager Protocol source code the Linux Kernel?
>>
>> As far as I understood the Core Specification, in BT 4.0 an above the
>> Security Manager is always integrated in the Link Manager, when it comes
>> to BR/EDR. But for LE the SM is integrated in the Host part and not the
>> Controller. Thus LE Controller should access the smp.c in the Linux kernel.
>
> just run btmon and you see all the security manager exchanges.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Hi Marcel,
I tested it, and I saw some basic SMP messages, like:

Sent Pairing Request: Bonding, MITM, Initiator Key(s): LTK CSRK ,
Responder Key(s): LTK IRK CSRK

I get a response and a confirmation of the pairing afterwards, but I
don't see the key exchange, or the messages from Authentication Stage 1
or 2.

Is there any way to log parts of the smp.c functions into kern.log?

Kind Regards
Martin