Re: Clarification on deprecated tools (e.g. hciconfig)

> On May 14, 2017, at 12:19 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd be happy to update the arch wiki to point to any new information
>> provided. For what it's worth, I think the information would be
>> relevant in a widely accessible place (the official bluez site in my
>> opinion); this question has already popped up in various places. [4]
>
> I guess the most practical solution would be to switch everything to
> use bluetoothctl as much as possible, going with raw or mgmt socket
> should only be mentioned as a last resort in case something went
> wrong.

Is bluetoothctl scriptable?  It doesn’t seem to be able to take commands in anything but interactive mode.  As far as I can tell, where I used to do “hciconfig hci0 up” as one line in a shell script, I now need to write a fully-fledged dbus application to bring up the interface.  Is my conclusion correct?

Jonah--