Re: Blood Pressure GATT LE profile

Hi Felipe,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 3:45 PM, Felipe Ferreri Tonello
<eu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> plugin/gatt-example.c is not in the repository, as it is relevant
> anymore. gatt-example implemented a gatt-server using older deprecated API.

Oops, I made a typo : the sub-folder is "plugins" (with "s"), not
"plugin", and it's still in the bluez archive (5.43).

> Anyway, there are two ways to implement a GATT client profile (Central
> role). As a generic bluetoothd plugin that will export an API to
> applications via D-Bus, more likely.

We didn't find any source of a bluetoothd plugin implementing a GATT
LE profile (such as those listed on http://www.bluez.org/profiles/ :
HTP, HoG,...). Sorry, we're still missing something... Would there be
any piece of doc that could help for creating a bluetoothd plugin, as
it looks to be the correct way to proceed ?

> Or in your own application using the GATT D-Bus API that bluetoothd exports.
> test/example-gatt-client implements the Heart Rate profile quite simply
> using the D-Bus API.

We do understand the Python code of test/example-gatt-client :-) It
clearly helps to get the whole picture.
Thanks for the pointer.

-Yon