Re: Blood Pressure GATT LE profile

Hi Yon,

On 23/01/17 16:44, yon ar c'hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Blood Pressure LE profile is not listed on the
> www.bluez.org/profiles web page; can you please confirm whether this
> information is up to date or not regarding Bluez 5.43 ?

Yes.

> Note : we downloaded the last Bluez source archive, and tried to
> understand how the GATT LE profiles were implemented, e.g. for the
> Health Thermometer profile, but we are missing some points of the
> bluez's user-space architecture (are the "doc/*-api.txt" and the
> "plugin/gatt-example.c" files still valid ?

plugin/gatt-example.c is not in the repository, as it is relevant
anymore. gatt-example implemented a gatt-server using older deprecated API.

Anyway, there are two ways to implement a GATT client profile (Central
role). As a generic bluetoothd plugin that will export an API to
applications via D-Bus, more likely. Or in your own application using
the GATT D-Bus API that bluetoothd exports.

> Is it just a matter of
> D-BUS configuration/declaration as we can see in
> "test/test-thermometer.py" ?). If it turns out that we have to
> implement the Blood Pressure profile, could we get a pointer to some
> programming information, please ?

test/example-gatt-client implements the Heart Rate profile quite simply
using the D-Bus API.

--
Felipe