Re: Data exchange between two bluetooth devices

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply -- it was very helpful!

Using BlueZ as a peripheral is still behind the --experimental flag so
you will need to read up on that.

I'm unsure whether I'll need to compile the latest version of Bluez
or if the version packaged for my distro has all the functionality
I need. This brings two related questions:

a) How do I query the bluetooth daemon to find out if the required
   functionality is available, and what should I look for?
   (I reckon I'll need to build a GATT server at least)

b) If the functionality is compiled into the binary, but requires
   the --experimental flag for activation, what's the standard way
   to enable it?  I can always modify the bluetooth.service file
   so that bluetoothd starts with the option, but I reckon there
   should be a standard config option, no? (I couldn't find any
   mention of "experimental" in the /etc/bluetooth files)

Thanks again for your time!
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira