Re: Write queue is not processed after last write was not proper

Hi  Luiz,

On Monday 24 October 2016 09:33 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
Hi Naresh,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Naresh <kbn456@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 20 October 2016 03:28 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
Hi Luiz,
Hi Naresh,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Naresh <kbn456@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've been writing ble client application using latest bluez version
(5.42)
and based on gatttool. We have some different requirement, so we didn't
used
D-Bus based API's as its not implement with D-BUS API's, Like we wanted
disable filter duplicate to receive all the advertisement(Even all the
parameters are same) for proximity check and than connect and pair.

We have used HCI layer api for getting advertisement with filter
duplicate
disabled and based on the BD address we connect using the Btio layer API
than used gattrib API to perform read/write/Notification confirmation
operations.
gattrib API is deprecated, you should use what is under src/shared
since that is what we unit test.
Yes, Now we have migrated and used API's under src/shared for read/Write.
We are performing some write/write_without operation continuously based
on
request by the our app(it kind of stress test) but after some write, its
gets stuck I mean write queue is not being processed, there is no ATT
logs
once write is failed (returning some negative id) but write are being
queued.

We have debugged this issue in bluez and found that once wakeup_writer
sets
the io_set_write_handler for queued operation than set writer_active to
true, after that write is performed and destroyer callback will set
writer_active back to false.

But in failed case before wakeup_writer being set writer_active to true,
the
write and destroy operation are being processed i.e writer_active never
set
to false and io_set_write_handler are never set for upcoming operations.

I don't know what causing this scenario.
I guess the first thing to do is to attempt to reproduce with
bt_gatt_client API and have HCI traces so we can see where it fails,
perhaps it is even disconnecting in the meantime, but it shouldn't
queue them up.

But we are still facing the same problem with write, Please find an
attachment of hci trace logs and write logs.
Yep, good luck scanning and transferring data at same time, about half
of the logs are just reports you get from scanning. Btw APIs such as
bt_gatt_client_write_without_response return unsigned int so it can
never be a negative id, either you are printing as a signed or there
is something else perhaps out of memory, bottom line is if it fails it
should return 0.

Below are the scenario's observed while running the stress test,
1) In the success case: "write without response" will internally calls bt_att_send(bluez version:5.42 file:src/shared/att.c, line:1206) there it will create att_send_op instance(op) and pushes op into write queue then calls the wakeup_writer() and returns op->id. afterwards can_write_data pops data from queue(mainloop thread context) and calls io_send method. After the successful write op instance will be destroyed.

2)But in failure case: after wakeup_writer() is called and before returning the proper op->id, can_write_data gets scheduled from mainloop thread context and op instance is destroyed. So bt_att_send returns garbage op id, because of this att->writer_active flag is also corrupted(writer_active remains in true) which doesn't allow any further calling of io_set_write_handler to schedule write operation.

We ran the test after disabling scan(once client is connected) but still same problem is observed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments.

Regards,
Naresh K