Programmatically change bluetooth profiles

Hello,
I'm working with bluez 5.40 on RPi3 with Raspbian Jessie Lite.
I set up my own GATT server (handled in Qt5) so the users can write a characteristic which their preferences about bluetooth profiles.

In detail, I'm interested to enable/disable "on-the-fly" the A2DP and HFP profiles.

I wonder how to do this from C++ or even from command line.
Of course I MUST avoid to restart the bluetooth service because I need to keep the GATT server running.

Right now I only know the class value in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf (currently is set to 0x0c0408). But I'm looking for something better...

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Marco