bluez bluetooth problem

Dear Bluez,

I am having a problem that I wondered whether you could help me with?

I'm currently working on a project in which I'm trying to communicate to an Intel Edison board from my Windows PC via Bluetooth. I have managed to successfully connect and communicate via Bluetooth using the serial port and bluez version 5.22. But my problem is that I can only auto connect to the PC once I have already manually paired to the device. So my aim is to have software running on the Edison which will be able to auto pair to a PC and connect without knowing the PC device id in advance, for the PC to then send commands and eventually files to the Edison.

I have been able to manually send serial commands to the Edison by using a Putty terminal and using rfcomm and the "cat /dev/rfcomm0" command. Using process below on the Edison:

rfkill unblock bluetooth
sdptool add -channel=22 SP
rfcomm watch /dev/rfcomm0 22 > /dev/null &
bluetoothctl
agent NoInputNoOutput
default-agent
discoverable on

"pair with Edison from PC and accept pairing on the Edison"

cat /dev/rfcomm0

"send text to Edison via Putty terminal com port"

So I have been trying to automate this process by writing C code on the Eclipse IDE and also by writing scripts running on the Edison but I have not been able to successfully send commands to the bluetoothctl function.

I have tried to send commands using the Eclipse IDE but when I send the following:

system("echo -e 'agent NoInputNoOutput\n | bluetoothctl");

On the Edison it reports "No agent is registered" and the following message:

(bluetoothctl:690): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 22 was not found when attempting to remove it

Also if I try to create a script file like the following:

#!/bin/sh
rfkill unblock bluetooth
sdptool add -channel=22 SP
sleep 1
bluetoothctl << EOF
agent NoInputNoOutput
EOF
sleep 1

Again it just report "No agent is registered".

I have been in communication with Intel support but I've got to a point where I don't think I can get any further and they have recommended that I contact you.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/104504

Kind regards

Jay Montague
Software Engineer

Scott Safety
Unit 14, Repton Close,
Basildon, Essex. SS13 1LN UK
Office:     +44 (0)1268 527 700  Ext. 210
Direct:     +44 (0)1268 885 360
Fax:         +44 (0)1268 527 799

JMontague@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.ScottSafety.com

Follow Scott Safety

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or information otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any applicable rights to privilege have not been waived.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.