Re: BT PAN Connection - NAP with PANU ?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Ajay Parashar <ajay.parasha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>> Hi Ajay,
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Ajay Parashar <ajay.parasha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> HI Luiz,
>>>
>>> I will try with C language D-Bus binding.
>>>
>>> Prior to this I tried to execute bluez-5.34/test/test-network example
>>> and i m getting below error.
>>>  1) It sounds me that it is unable to found Bluetooth device, but my
>>> device is quite ready and working with other examples."
>>> 2) other reason could me i did not pair this with /test-nap example,
>>> should first i pair this test-network example device with test-nap
>>> example device ?
>>>
>>> Can you please let me know why i am getting this error or let me know
>>> some pointers from where i can debug this issue.
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "./test-network", line 41, in <module>
>>>     device = bluezutils.find_device(args[0], options.dev_id)
>>>   File "/mnt/hgfs/shared_With_VM_Ubuntu/test/bluezutils.py", line 30,
>>> in find_device
>>>     adapter_pattern)
>>>   File "/mnt/hgfs/shared_With_VM_Ubuntu/test/bluezutils.py", line 47,
>>> in find_device_in_objects
>>>     raise Exception("Bluetooth device not found")
>>> Exception: Bluetooth device not found
>> The test-network script, tries to search for remote device in device
>> databases. So for this you first need to add the device in devices
>> list by successfully pairing to the device from bluetoothctl. If
>> bluetoothctl lists the remote device name for "devices" command, then
>> this will not show this error anymore.
>> Then you will encounter another error i.e "No such method "Connect"
>> with signature "s" exists on org.bluez.Network1 interface". I am not
>> sure how to get rid of this now.
>>
>>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Bharat
>>
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Bharat Bhusan Panda
>

> Hi,
>
> I reached till here and yes after executing test-network it gives
> error.
> ".UnknownMethod: Method "Connect" with
> signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Network1" doesn't exist"
>
> Please let me know is there any way to resolve this
> issue?
> Pasting Error details as below:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./test-network", line 52, in <module>
>     iface = network.Connect(service)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
>     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
>     **keywords)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line
> 651, in call_blocking
>     message, timeout)
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Connect" with
> signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Network1" doesn't exist

Hi,

I nail down the issue why it always says (UnknownMethod: Method
"Connect" with signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Network1" doesn't
exist).

While debugging more,  it sounds that /org/bluez/hci1 provides only 8
interfaces.(org.bluez.Adapter1, CyclingSpeedManager1,
HeartRateManager1, Media1, NetworkServer1, ThermometerManager1,
DBus.Introspectable, DBus.properties).

org.bluez.Network1 interface entry is missing from /org/bluez/hci1 ?

For your reference i am attaching snapshot of my set up, please let me
know how can i add org.bluez.Network1 interface with /org/bluez/hci ?
Is there any configuration file that i need to change ? or any other
way to achieve this goal?

Regards
Ajay