Re: Configuring a Bluetooth PAN server: can't find docs

Hi Egbert,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Egbert van der Wal <ewal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Short story: I'd really like to RTFM, but in all of my online quests I can't
> find where it is. Where can I find documentation about bluez, configuration
> files and pand?
>
> With a bit more information: I'm trying to configure a device (Odroid XU4
> running Ubuntu 14.04, using Bluez 4.101) to accept PAN-connections. Doing
> this I want to provide the connecting user with a web interface to perform
> some configuration tasks (such as connecting to a wifi).

Unfortunately 4.101 is a bit too old and I guess even NetworkManager
does support that.

Have you tried connman tethering? https://01.org/connman/documentation

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/network-api.txt

> Any pointers to any type of documentation that covers my version of bluez
> and the steps to set this up would be highly appreciated.

Create a bridge and pass it to org.bluez.NetworkServer1.Register, the
process need to remain connected to D-Bus otherwise it will be
unregistered, but other than that it should be really simple.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
>
> Egbert
>
> --