Re: PROBLEM: Bluetooth mouse not working after resume since commit 2ff1389

* Tore Anderson <tore@xxxxxx>

> * Johan Hedberg
>
> > You could have also used src/main.conf from the BlueZ tree as a
> > starting point and removed the '#' from the AutoEnable line:
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/plain/src/main.conf
> >
> > Are you sure that you restarted bluetoothd after this change? And
> > you've got a BlueZ version greater than 5.35 (where the feature was
> > introduced)?
>
> I've got version 5.36, and I had rebooted the system from scratch. I
> experimented a bit more, though, and I found out that with
> AutoEnable=true (and blueman uninstalled), my system behaves exactly
> the same as it did with blueman, that is:
>
> - with a pre-2ff1389 kernel: the mouse is auto-enabled and works fine
>   after bootup and resume from suspend.
> - with a post-2ff1389 kernel: the mouse is auto-enabled and works fine
>   after bootup, but stops working after resume from suspend (until
>   "hciconfig hci0 up" is issued manually).
>
> That means we can exclude blueman as a potential cause of the problem,
> so I left it uninstalled when I generated the new debug files with +pf,
> which you can find here: http://filebin.net/wf9edcjbju
>
> I added a new file too: hciconfig_hci0.$KVER.txt. This shows the
> output of "while sleep .5; do hciconfig hci0; done | ts %H:%M:%.S". I
> noticed something that seems highly relevant, namely that with the
> post-2ff1389 kernel, the hci0 state changes to DOWN a couple of seconds
> after resuming. This does not happen with the pre-2ff1389 kernel.

Hi Johan,

I thought I'd just ping you quickly about this issue - did you get a
chance to look at the log files, and if so did you figure out what's
going on?

If on the other hand you don't have time to look into the issue, let me
know if I should file this issue in the kernel.org bugzilla (or
anywhere else) so as to avoid it being forgotten about (also note that
the logs will be expired from filebin.net after a couple of weeks).

Tore