Re: PROBLEM: Bluetooth mouse not working after resume since commit 2ff1389

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016, Tore Anderson wrote:
> > Starting with commit 2ff1389, «Perform HCI update for power on
> > synchronously», my Logitech M555b bluetooth mouse no longer works after
> > resuming the system from suspend. The devices is handled by Blueman, and
> > after resuming from suspend the white lines/triangles inside the
> > systray icon doesn't turn green even though I move the mouse around.
> > (The lines turning green normally indicates that a device is active.)
> >
> > In order to revive it, I need to manually disable and then re-enable
> > bluetooth, at which point it will re-connects fine.
> >
> > I've also noticed that I need to press Blueman's «Turn Bluetooth Off»
> > menu selection twice for it to take effect (so that Blueman's systray
> > icon gets overlayed with a little red X symbol). This only happens once
> > after each resume from suspend - after having been through one
> > off-off-on cycle, bluetooth will turn off normally on the first attempt
> > (until the next suspend/resume cycle). It also turns off normally on
> > the first attempt after the initial boot-up. This "double-off after
> > resume" behaviour also first occurred with commit 2ff1389.
> >
> > Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.
>
> Do you see the same issue if you don't use blueman? (a piece of software
> I'm not really familiar with).
>
> What exactly do you do when you say you "manually disable and then
> re-enable bluetooth"? "btmgmt power off; btmgmt power on"? bluetoothctl
> power off/on? Something else?
>
> It'd be important to understand what exactly your user space software
> (blueman) does when you resume. So any logs that you can take of this
> would be helpful. You could e.g. take a HCI log using btmon and enable
> kernel debug logs for the bluetooth module (see
> Documentation/dynamic-debug-howto.txt in the kernel documentation).

Another thing to try in addition to disabling blueman: Add
AutoEnable=true under the [Policy] section in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf.
It might make a difference assuming that your Bluetooth adapter gets
detached and reattached to the USB bus when you suspend/resume.

Johan