Disabling deviceinfo plugin on chromebooks?

As the chromium team is building and testing the Web Bluetooth API to
let websites discover and interact with nearby Bluetooth devices
(https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/07/interact-with-ble-devices-on-the-web)
I would love to be able to access the Device Information Service
characteristics such as Serial Number String, Hardware Revision String
and so forth.

Sadly, from what I understood, this is not achievable for now on
Chromeboooks since Bluez comes with the deviceinfo plugin enabled by
default. I do wonder now what would be the implications of disabling
the deviceinfo plugin?

You will find more information at

Thank you in advance,
Francois - a daily Bluez user.