Re: Why doesn't plugins/sixaxis.c set devices as Trusted?

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 07:11 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 06:31 +0200, Alexander Holler wrote:
> > Am 06.07.2015 um 15:17 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I don't understand the reason why plugins/sixaxis.c doesn't set
> > > the
> > > device as trusted when plugged in.
> >
> > It's because of security. If you trust a bluetooth device on Linux,
> >
> > you're trusting it for all services. In case of the sixaxis it
> > means
> > you're not only trusting it (the BT-MAC) as an input device, but
> > also
> > as
> > a network device.
> >
> > Now if you trust any plugged in device which says it's a sixaxis, I
> >
> > would tell my arduino to say it's an sixaxis with a MAC from one of
> >
> > my
> > BT-dongles to get a magic device which gives me wireless remote
> > access
> > on every linux box with BT when I plug it in once.
> >
> > That means you want user interaction, besides just plugging in a
> > device.
>
> What should the pairing process look like then? Because the current
> workflow is absolutely dreadful.

To solve that problem, I would:
1) disable the pairing altogether if there's no agent running
2) request auth to connect to the computer when the device is getting
plugged in, not X minutes later when you want to start using the joypad
wirelessly