Re: Device class not writeable via dbus

Hi Marcus,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Marcus Redeker <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 16.04.2015, at 10:15, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Szymon, Marcus,
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Szymon Janc <szymon.janc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Marcus,

>>> Class of Device is rather static configuration as those describe form factor
>>> and that usually doesn't change.
>>>
>>> Why do you need to change CoD on the fly?
>>
>> It is possible to change at runtime by using systemd hostname plugin
>> then change the org.freedesktop.hostname1.Chassis property, but Im not
>> sure how easy is to change that. Anyway the point is that this should
>> not changed by applications at will as it could break discovery
>> filtering, even thought filtering by class is probably broken by
>> design.
>>
>> --
>> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
>
> This would allow to change the name of the bluetooth adapter but not the device class.
> The name can already be changed using the read/write alias property which is no problem.

Looks like you know more than us how BlueZ works, perhaps you want to
tell me what is this code for:

http://fpaste.org/211586/76181142/

Btw, BLE don't really have a class it has appearance which is not
quite the same, we may actually have a different property for
appearance along with a main.conf entry to set it and also a
conversion from chassis to appearance.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz