Re: Multi-Advertising: implementation options, timing questions

Hi Marcel,

See comment above, we can not really change legacy API.

Sure. I hoped that my proposal was just a change in implementation, not in behavior. But it doesn't seem to be an obvious improvement.

It has to stay around for backwards compatibility. And that is why set advertising takes precedence over anything added by add advertising.

Yes, I understood that from the documentation of the mgmt api.

What are you planning to verify here. The instance id is coming from userspace.

Oups. Seems so obvious but I overlooked it.

Read up on what instance[0] actually does in a struct. We have used these constructs before. I am sensing that you misunderstood what this is for.

I think I understood what it does (struct hack?). I just didn't understand the intent of that field as it wasn't (yet) used anywhere in code. But I found it out in the meantime: You intend it to hold the currently occupied instance identifiers. I'll make sure it will be filled accordingly.

Thanks for your quick response!

Florian