Re: bt dongle goes awry after too many connections

On 2015.03.09. 18:53, Tim Tisdall wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sure, I noticed that lots of work has been done lately in regard to LE, so
I'm indeed using 5.28 daemon@3.19.x kernel in LE-only mode and so far so
good.
One of the useful things which still seems to be missing is the control over
LE advertisements via D-Bus iface. "Discoverable" property change does not
affect LE advs. I'm currently using 'hciconfig hci0 leadv' to make it work.
But still, LE advs stop and do not re-start after adapter is
connected/disconnected to some peripheral.
It's doing what I'd expect then...  I expect dongles to be reset if
they're unplugged and then re-attached.  I don't know if there's an
expectation for devices to be returned to their last state if they're
disconnected and re-connected when using DBUS, though.
I didn't mean physically re-plugging the adapter. LE advs stop when adapter (controlled via D-Bus) is connected to some other device and does not start again when connection is closed. The adapter itself stays as it is.
  I've pretty
much avoided the DBUS interface since most of what I'm doing is simply
not possible through it.