Re: bt dongle goes awry after too many connections

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> it is only btusb talking to the hardware. In the end it is just a transport layer. The real work happens in the Bluetooth core. However that said, we never had a limit on number of LE connections. Nothing there was ever enforced.

I was afraid of that...  I guess that means that there must be
different versions of the dongle.  We're working with many devices and
ordered many dongles over the last 2 years.  It's possible the
manufacturer slipped in some changes over that time.  I'll see if I
can confirm that.

> If you do not need BR/EDR, you can switch that off and it might free the radio resources you need for the many LE connections. However a 3.13 is not really getting you there. It might actually work there, but I would only trust a 3.18 or 3.19 kernel here.

Yeah, it's be nice if everyone was on mainline, but unfortunately I'm
stuck using 3.4 for the embedded device I'm using.  How do I shut off
the BR/EDR aspects of the dongle?  I'm not sure if it'd help, but it's
worth trying.