Re: [A2DP] Incoming connections do not succeed

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Artem Rakhov <arakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Artem,
>>
>> please do not top post on this mailing list. It does break the reading thread.
>>
>>> Here is hcitool info:
>>>
>>> BD Address:  10:B7:F6:01:31:ED
>>> Device Name: Monster Clarity
>>> LMP Version: 2.1 (0x4) LMP Subversion: 0x189c
>>> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>>> Features page 0: 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
>>> <3-slot packets>
>>> Features page 1: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0xfe 0x9b 0xff 0x59 0x83
>>>
>>> Label also says Precision Micro Bluetooth Speaker 100.
>>
>> normally all CSR based solutions should just work. Maybe this is just a bad firmware. Are you sure that Connection Pending is really causing the observed problem. It sounds strange to hit that on a CSR based speaker.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Marcel
>>

> I compared the logs from avtest and bluetoothd (attached earlier in
> this thread). I think the only difference that could matter is this
> Authorization Pending response.
>
> Thanks,
> Artem

Hi Marcel,

I've tested several devices with and without Defer Setup feature enabled.

Here is a list of devices, which successfully initiate A2DP
connection, not depending on Defer Setup:
Creative WP-350 Headset
MiiKey Rythm
JBL Micro Wireless
HMDX Rave
Plantronics BBfit
Bose SoundLink Mobile speaker II
SOL Tracks Air
Sony MDR-1RBT

Here is a list of devices, which fail to initiate A2DP connection with
Defer Setup enabled, but work fine when Defer Setup is disabled:
Monster Clarity HD
Motorola S9-HD
Sennheiser PX210
2010 Toyota Prius

There are no devices, which are working with Defer Setup, and not
working without Defer Setup. So I didn't see any regression.

As a result, 4 out of 12 devices do not connect as expected with Defer
Setup enabled. I think we should consider disabling Defer Setup by
default, at least for audio.

Thanks,
Artem