Re: [RFC] doc: Add EIR to device properties

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The main missing SIG defined fields which don't have properties would be:
>>
>> - TX Power (CSSv4 1.5)
>
> we should do the proper math here and provide Pathloss when discovered (again, similar disappearance to RSSI).

We'd still need the RSSI property because certain existing peripherals
are placing the TX Power in the manufacturer data, which means the app
would have to calculate path loss itself.

Is there a circumstance in which additional manuf data could make the
path loss calculation more accurate?

>> - URL (https://www.bluetooth.org/DocMan/handlers/DownloadDoc.ashx?doc_id=287247)
>
> Is that one new? Could be. That seems to be dead simple and can really just get its own property.

Yeah, some guys here are working on a prototype and sticking URLs in
the name field ... Robin Heydon saw it and decided that was useful
enough to declare a standard field for it.

Still at NWP, I don't think the CSWG has proposed assigned numbers
changes yet, but worth keeping an eye on.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?