Re: Bluetooth low energy with gatttool and jawbone

Hi Christian,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Christian Bianchini
<christian.bianchini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You were right!
> Something happened, but I am not sure how to continue now, even
> because after primary I get some data then the device disconnect
> itself.
>
> $ sudo gatttool -b DC:7A:F8:10:AF:A5 -t random -I
> [   ][DC:7A:F8:10:AF:A5][LE]> connect
> [CON][DC:7A:F8:10:AF:A5][LE]> primary
> [CON][DC:7A:F8:10:AF:A5][LE]>
> attr handle: 0x0001, end grp handle: 0x0007 uuid:
> 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
> attr handle: 0x0008, end grp handle: 0x0008 uuid:
> 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
> attr handle: 0x0009, end grp handle: 0x0012 uuid:
> f7c9ba7e-6658-4390-b53c-1de5e1453654
> attr handle: 0x0013, end grp handle: 0xffff uuid:
> 0000180a-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
>
> I dont have bluetoothctl, there is special package for ubuntu?

To have btmon/bluetoothctl, I think you need a recent BlueZ 5.x, which
is not available on Ubuntu (I think even latest Ubuntu uses 4.101, not
sure about the development version). So you need to build BlueZ from
sources.

If you see a disconnect after ~30 seconds, it may be because it is
issuing a GATT request which gatttool does not answer (as gatttool
does not implement a GATT server). To confirm this, use "hcidump -i
hci0 -w jawbone.dump" and send it here. This log will show whether the
device is attempting some ATT request (e.g. GATT service discovery).
You can also read this log using "hcidump -r jawbone.dump".

Another reason for disconnect is a failed pairing attempt.

If you can't use BlueZ 5 for some reason, you can try pairing using
"sudo bluez-simple-agent hci0 <addr>".

All that said, which data specifically do you want to get from the
device? On the output above I see a proprietary service at handle
0x0009 and the Device Information service at handle 0x0013 (which is
most likely firmware version, serial number etc.). Do you have
specifications for the proprietary service?

Best Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
http://www.indt.org/?lang=en