Re: RFCOMM connection failing

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if I should send this email on some other mailing list?

Thanks.

On 16. 12. 13 16:55, Patrick Valsecchi wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to connect my PC:
Linux ... 3.11.0-14-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP ... x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    0a5c:2198 Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth 3.0 Device

To connect with my bluetooth dive computer:
    Shearwater Petrel

It fails with a "Transport endpoint is not connected (107)" most of the time or go further but seem to have corrupted RFCOMM payload.

If I pass the USB device to a W7 VM (virtualbox) and try from them, the communication works like charm.

So I went ahead and sniffed the USB communication in both cases using wireshark. The two dumps () can be found here (UsbDumpFrom*.pcapng, can be open using wireshark): https://cloud.thus.ch/public.php?service=files&t=de2eabf30c82efa08cf546ff5045e585

Basically the Linux one is just stopping at frame 203 where it sends a RFCOMM SABM, gets the answer and reports an error to the user. The windows dump show the same RFCOMM SABM command in frame 191 and gets the same answer but continues and everything works.

On IRC aholler told me you guys would prefer to get a btmon dump with bluez v5. So I went ahead, installed bluez 5.12 and generated a dump (yes, the comm still fails the same way) that you can find in the same location as the dumps.

I'm stuck there. Can somebody help me go further?

Thanks