mouse not found with bluez5 but was fine with bluez4

So, in chasing an issue with mouse pairing in another thread I was asked
to upgrade to Fedora 20 to see if my mouse pairing issue was
reproducible on bluez5 given that bluez4 is pretty dead now.

But the same mouse that could be found and paired on bluez4 (Fedora 19)
is not even being found during the search on bluez5 (Fedora 20) on the
exact same hardware (same machine in fact).  Bluez5 did manage to see
and pair a headset though, just not this mouse.

What information/tests can I provide to help figure this out?

Cheers,
b.