Re: [RFC 15/16] android: Implement basic HAL server

Hi Marcel,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:33:54AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> >> If it is really necessary to have a world writable socket, better
> >> explain in detail on the comment.
> >
> > the problem here is that we need to run this on a host and on Android
> > where HAL is running under user bluetooth, this has to be changed to use
> > ifdef logic.
>
> and why are we not starting the daemon as user bluetooth with proper capabilities.

there is an option capability in init.rc
http://androidxref.com/4.3_r2.1/xref/system/core/init/init_parser.c#84

but it does nothing:
http://androidxref.com/4.3_r2.1/xref/system/core/init/init_parser.c#659

at least in Android 4.3

So we run as root and then drop uid and guid. Can we use some better way?

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko