AVRCPv1.3 NOTIFY from CT per notification from TG

Hi,

Went through the archives, don't see this being discussed.
I read the AVRCPv1.3 spec section mentioned below and to me it looks
like it's been implemented the way it is supposed to be, However, the
question is WHY ?

        /* Unregister event as per AVRCP 1.3 spec, section 5.4.2 */
        player->registered_events ^= 1 << id;

Does that mean - A car-kit product would keep asking for new
notifications time and again ? That too, It needs to be requesting for
notification for each individual EVENT_ID again and again ? Since 1
notification request is good for 1 notification & for 1 particular
event ?

Wouldn't this make the devices more chatty then they are supposed to
be? Why not enable/disable notifications - And capability to OR
various event IDs ?

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan Savoy.