Re: [RFC] Reorganizing the BlueZ source tree

On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 20:46 +0900, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Bastien,

> > > Well you could have called godbus as that is more a gobject binding
> > > than a pure glib/GMainLoop one.
> >
> > GLib lives in a single tarball. It's only Marcel's hate for GObject and
> > the apparent need to be able to replace glib that spawned this thin
> > wrapper on top of libdbus you're using now.
>
> plain fact is that our gdbus code was there first.

Nice comeback.

> If you wanna turn this into a GObject discussion now,

I don't. I'm merely pointing out that a file layout change might be a
good time to fix potential symbol clashes.

>  then please find a
> mailing list that cares. It is clearly not this one.

I think you've made this abundantly clear. I don't think this attitude
is helping BlueZ thrive, when it's far less friction to fix problems
higher up in the stack.