Re: [RFC] Bluetooth: AMP: Do not set name for AMP ctrl

Hi Andrei,

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012, Andrei Emeltchenko wrote:
> > Actually, should we even be exposing AMP controllers to begin with
> > through mgmt? Maybe we shouldn't even tell user space about them through
> > mgmt?
>
> This seems to be right. BTW: What is the best way to disable mgmt for
> device?
>  - Clear HCI_MGMT flag ?
>  - Do not run mgmt_powered ?
>
> BTW: Where that flag HCI_MGMT is set and how this check supposed to be
> working?
>
> test_and_set_bit(HCI_MGMT, &hdev->dev_flags))

The HCI_MGMT flag indicates that there's a mgmt-capable user-space that
is aware of the hci_dev.

The first thing that comes to mind is to add checks to mgmt_index_added,
mgmt_index_removed, mgmt_get_index_list and the place in mgmt_control
that calls hci_dev_get. Since all of these places essentially would need
to do the the same check it might be worth to wrap it into a macro, e.g.
mgmt_valid_hdev().

Johan