Re: [RFC BlueZ v0 0/5] ACL disconnect reason

Hi Mike,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Mike <puffy.taco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I do agree that anything that could cause IOP problems should be
>> handled inside BlueZ. And the immediate reconnection try after a link
>> loss does sound an example of this kind. So I would be fine if BlueZ
>> internally handles this, but I still think we need to expose this in
>> D-Bus somehow.
>
> The reason this is per model is that there is no spec on this and
> hence it will be very implementation specific.  If you are a desktop
> hooked up to AC, you really don't care, but an embedded device will
> need to implement something that meets its battery constraints.  As
> well, the efforts of bluez will be fruitless if the rest of the system
> goes into suspend.  In my case, my device goes to suspend as soon as
> possible (and wakes if there is BT UART traffic).  Hence, timers that
> implement re-connection need to let the system know when the next
> attempt will occur.

Yes, but that can be implemented in audio.conf, so you can enter the
number of retries and the interval between them that you want per
platform, but I think 99% will just pick the default. Btw, you need to
elaborate a bit more about your requirements, this work is focuses on
IVI system where I don't expect the system to go into suspend that
often.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz