Re: [BlueZ v3 00/10] gdbus: Better D-Bus introspection

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.demarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since we are using '[' and ']' only internally. I don't see a problem
> with that. If D-Bus start using it we can change later. Of course it's
> better to convince D-Bus guys to reserve that, but IMO this shouldn't
> be a blocker.
>
> From the chars you suggested, only '@' seems reasonable and I can
> change to this char if we agree on it.

 Either way IMO it is ugly to mess around with the signature but
perhaps it is the only alternative we have.

I wonder how other binding works in this regard, or they always have
to depend on a xml file that describes the interface? iirc that used
to be the case for GTK and QT, perhaps python is the only one that can
really make use of this in runtime as d-feet seems to be able to use
this information already.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz