Re: [BlueZ v3 00/10] gdbus: Better D-Bus introspection

Hi Lucas,

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.demarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This series improves D-Bus introspection in gdbus to ease the life of people
> using our interface: they can rely on binding generator available for QT, GTK
> and others.
>
> We are doing basically 3 things:
>
>  - Adding the name of the arguments in methods and signals
>  - Adding some annotations:
>        - deprecated
>        - no-reply
>  - Constifying the tables

My only problem with those patches is the use of '[' ']' as
delimiters, we have first to agree with D-Bus people if this can be
made reserved as other binding did with their internal delimiters:

(reserved)	109 (ASCII 'm')	Reserved for a 'maybe' type compatible with
the one in GVariant, and must not appear in signatures used on D-Bus
until specified here
(reserved)	42 (ASCII '*')	Reserved for use in bindings/implementations
to represent any single complete type, and must not appear in
signatures used on D-Bus.
(reserved)	63 (ASCII '?')	Reserved for use in bindings/implementations
to represent any basic type, and must not appear in signatures used on
D-Bus.
(reserved)	64 (ASCII '@'), 38 (ASCII '&'), 94 (ASCII '^')	Reserved for
internal use by bindings/implementations, and must not appear in
signatures used on D-Bus. GVariant uses these type-codes to encode
calling conventions.

Or we use one of those above.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz