Re: [RFCv1] mac80211: Adds Software / Virtual AMP 80211

Hi Andrei,

<snip>

> > This is also a little bit of confusing since FullMac cards will not
> > create an AMP virtual interface. With them you just see the HCI AMP
> > controller on the Bluetooth side. Can an AMP virtual interface be just
> > virtual inside mac80211 or does it have to have a netdev attached to it?
>
> If we create virtual interface then netdev is allocated and we can handle
> it with common tools.

what common tools do you wanna use here. We actually do not wanna have
them show up as netdev devices at all. AMP connections don't have IP
addresses or anything else for that matter. We do not even need the
statistics here since they will be counted within HCI AMP controller in
the Bluetooth subsystem.

If you wanna do IP over AMP, it would be via BNEP. And the netdev you
are getting would come as bnep0 from the Bluetooth stack and not via the
mac80211 stack.

Regards

Marcel