Re: [RFCv1] mac80211: Adds Software / Virtual AMP 80211

Hi Johannes,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 07:03:31PM -0700, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > I am new to the wireless code but can new virtual interface separate those
> > interfaces? They can have different MAC addresses and you can run
> > wpa_supplicant for each virtual interface separately.
>
> It's never in your best interest to run one supplicant per virtual
> interface, you want to run one per piece of hardware so it can
> coordinate between virtual interfaces.

Do I understand it right that virtual interfaces are like separate devices from
user point of view? If I create virtual interface and assign MAC I can
transfer data through it without affecting other interfaces? Then
wpa_supplicant does not need to know about it at all.

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko