Re: RFC/CFP -- Linux Wireless (802.11/Bluetooth/NFC) Mini-Summit 2012 (Barcelona?)

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:03:05AM -0700, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> I am in favor of requiring attendees to register with the LinuxCon
> event. That has always worked out nicely for everybody. Especially if we
> want to have extra rooms for breakout sessions. Otherwise we have to
> figure out the room costs.
>
> Unless some company wants to step up and sponsor. Or sponsor a dinner
> event and get free attendance. I think we can figure something out to
> make this work if anybody is interested ;)

Sponsorship is always welcome, of course. :-)

> > Given the potential to expand this into a larger event, we would
> > likely need to be somewhat more formal about having proposals for
> > speaking slots.  In that case, we might require a program committee
> > for reviewing proposals, etc.  Anyone interested in participating in
> > speaking at the mini-summit or in reviewing speaking proposals should
> > contact me or reply in this thread.
>
> When you and I talked originally about this, we discussed the format a
> little bit. In theory we have a bunch of options here. One of the
> original thoughts was 1-2 day mini-conference and 1 day break-out
> sessions. I assume 6 presentation per day is maximum. Is it enough to
> just do 1 day?

I don't think that 1 day is enough.  2 might not be enough, depending
on how we stage it.  Do you think that we would have more than one
"track" (e.g. separate Blueooth/802.11/NFC sessions)?  A single
"plenary" session?  Or some mix?

> Any other thoughts?
>
> And while we are at it I am volunteering myself (or someone from our
> team) to give the "Bluetooth: State of the Union" talk.

Cool.

linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx			might be all we have.  Be ready.