Re: Entering the PIN of a device?

> What? One mail earlier you said you are *not* asked for the PIN? If
> it asks for the PIN then your Wii Remote isn't detected as a Wii
> Remote.  You cannot type the PIN as the PIN contains binary-0
> characters which cannot be entered here.

Yeah, my bad, I tried simple-agent first without argument, but with
'simple-agent hci0 $WIIMOTE' I get asked for the PIN.

> What do you find in these files? Especially the
> /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt>/did files are interesting.

Here is /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt>/did:

# cat did
00:1F:C5:1B:3A:B1 FFFF 0000 0000 0000
00:18:91:D0:7A:24 FFFF 0000 0000 0000
6C:E9:07:43:A7:71 0001 0001 0119 0000

> Also see: https://github.com/dvdhrm/xwiimote/issues/3
>
> Gnah, that doesn't work. You cannot send the binary PIN via dbus to
> BlueZ, this is why we provide the wiimote-plugin.

Ok :^) Didn't know that... too bad it doesn't work :^)

> Did you try this patch:
> https://github.com/dvdhrm/xwiimote/issues/4#issuecomment-3302615 The
> Patch 1/2 isn't needed but 2/2 should fix the pairing issues with
> any Wii Remote.

Ok, I'll try that this afternoon.

Thanks again!

--