Re: [RFC BlueZ] Add Proximity API

Hi Mike,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:00 PM, mike tsai <mikeyhtsai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am a bit curious about the definition of PathLoss and Threshold
> property definition. The PathLoss has a range of 0 - 100, while the
> Threshold has low, medium and high setting. How do you plan to map
> PathLoss reading with Threshold setting?

The idea is to "low" "medium" and "high" in Threshold map to some
(hard-coded or calculated) percentage between 0% and 100%. E.g.:

low: 10%
medium: 60%
high: 90%

But of course we are open to suggestions :). It is very possible the
these values will not be hard-coded, because they will very much
depend on the quality of the radio hardware (I suppose). We will
probably need to perform some "calibration" during bonding.

The PathLoss is 0-100 range is just a linear normalization from actual
Path Loss calculation values, where 100 is mapped to the maximum
(nearest) theoretical value and 0 is the minimum (most far) value.
This can help applications which want to show the value as a
measurement of "link quality" of some sort.

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT