Re: [RFC BlueZ] Add Proximity API

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Claudio Takahasi
<claudio.takahasi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Anderson, Arun,
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Anderson Lizardo
> <anderson.lizardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Arun,
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Arun Kumar SINGH
>> <arunkr.singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello Anderson,

>>> [clip ...]

>>> Sounds bit confusing.. Ain't these API's being proposed for Proximity Reporter Role which is what Claudio mentioned in the original RFC? Which bring me to the next question- since a GATT client makes more sense for a dual mode stack such as Bluez, shouldn't we focus first on Monitor kind of roles for LE profiles and later consider Reporter type roles for testing only?
>>
>> Sorry, actually it was a mistake from Claudio (which I hadn't noticed
>> when I made my comments) :) This is a *Monitor* API as I mentioned.
>> The doc itself mentions:
>>
>> +Interface      org.bluez.ProximityMonitor
>>
>> And you are correct, our current focus is on Proximity Monitor & Find
>> Me Locator (AKA "client") roles. The "server" roles will be initially
>> implemented for testing purposes.
>>

> It will be fixed. Sorry!
>
> Yesterday discussing internally here we found some issues:
> 1. SetProperty("FindMeAlertLevel", level): needs a timeout. LE Create
> Connection Command doesn't have a timeout, but the L2CAP socket(~40s)
> and D-Bus message(~20s) have.
> 2. SetProperty("FindMeAlertLevel", level): needs a cancel mechanism?
> Maybe setting it to "none" is enough.
>
> LinkLossAlertLevel and PathLossAlertLevel are ok: timeout not
> necessary. The last one is LOCAL and used only when the threshold is
> reached. LinkLossAlertLevel can be persistent and written when the
> connection is established.

I am a bit curious about the definition of PathLoss and Threshold
property definition. The PathLoss has a range of 0 - 100, while the
Threshold has low, medium and high setting. How do you plan to map
PathLoss reading with Threshold setting?

Regards,

Mike