Re: Read clock not implemented in management

On Jun 9, 2011, at 9:28 AM, Johan Hedberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011, Elvis Pfutzenreuter wrote:
>>> Coming back to this issue. I'm not caught up with this stuff and I
>>> dont know if there are any special reason to not provide a read clock
>>> functionality in the bluetooth API. although I think it's a pity  to
>>> restrict MCAP features after the good work Elvis did in CSP.
>>
>> More to the point, could we implement HCI read clock for mgmt interface? Or
>> it simply won't have read clock by design?
>
> There's no obvious reason why it couldn't have it. However other means
> should be considered too, e.g. would it be cleaner to get the info
> directly through the socket (using a socket option or something
> similar)? Or was this already considered when the HCI socket solution
> was implemented?

Not exactly, I just made use of hci_read_clock() that already existed in BlueZ
API, and copied the code into hciops.

Getting clock via a socket option sounds better to me since a) we need
connection ACL to read it, getting it through a L2CAP socket would imply the
ACL; b) it would allow other apps to use the feature (e.g. PyBluez that
currently reads clock using an HCI socket).--