Re: QCA6390 broken in current kernel

On 2024/7/31 04:12, Wren Turkal wrote:
> Zijun,
>
> On 7/30/24 12:48 PM, Wren Turkal wrote:
>> Zijun,

>>> Yeah, I am sad that my bluetooth is broken again as well. I am trying
>>> your patch now to see if it gets my hardware working. Will reply back
>>> soon.
>>>
>>> wt
>>
>> This patch does not fix the problem. The first broken commit is
>> 9a15ce685706e73154. This patch effectively reverts only one part of
>> that patch.
>>
>> FTR, I applied this patch on top of the parent commit of the first
>> broken commit. I will try it on the tip of mainline as well.
>
> This patch doesn't appear to apply cleanly to the current tip of
> bluetooth-next/master, so I can't really go further in testing it right
> now.

my aim is to known which commit cause this issue ASAP since i very care
about QCA6390, now i got it, so don't need any further actions any more.

> Also, so you know, Bartosz has said that he is aware of the regression
> and is working on it.

i did not notice above info before my last reply, i did not see such
info in this discussion thread until your reply as well.

BTW, you maybe add relevant link if you are referring something from
another discussion thread.

> Zijun, you should talk the folks at qualcomm and see if there is any
> appetite for getting closer to the Linaro folks with regard to this
> stuff. You have been very eager to jump in, and I see that Bartosz and
> Luis also seem interested in fixing this. I do wonder if there a way to
> take advantage of that to build a better working relationship in this
> bluetooth space with qualcomm and the linux kernel devs.

you maybe ignore that all my reply come from icloud.com, so you maybe
not associate it with qualcomm, it is the first time for icloud.com to
join BT relevant discussion. (^^)