Re: QCA6390 broken in current kernel

On 7/29/24 9:25 AM, Zijun Hu wrote:
On 2024/7/27 03:25, Wren Turkal wrote:
On 7/26/24 11:52 AM, Wren Turkal wrote:
On 7/25/24 1:47 PM, Wren Turkal wrote:
On 7/25/24 1:35 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
Hi Wren,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2024 at 2:35 PM Wren Turkal <wt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello BT folks,

Just so y'all know, the QCA6390 bluetooth hardware appears to be
broken
at least since commit 720261cfc732.

The KDE and Gnome bluetooth control panels appear to think there is no
bluetooth hardware. Rolling back to 6.10 appear to function.

I have a Dell XPS13 9310.

I will attempt to capture some kernel logs in a bit.

git show 720261cfc732
fatal: ambiguous argument '720261cfc732': unknown revision or path not
in the working tree.

I gave you the sha for the built fedora rawhide kernel package, not a
mainline sha. Sorry about that. I thought it was a mainline sha. I am
trying to bisect the problem. Hopefully, I can get a mainline git sha
for you soon.

If it helps, the build date of the kernel is 2024-07-19.

Sorry about the confusion. Hope this helps track down the problem.

I have managed to get the following commit id range for the issue:
80ab5445da6235..e2f710f97f35

Narrowed to 80ab5445da6235..586f14a6a182

i feel a little sad that QCA6390 of your machine are broken again.
i find out a doubtful point by checking recent changes.

you maybe have a attempt for below change if you would like to do that.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/patch/20240730-qca6390_fix-v1-1-e0340a511756@xxxxxxxxxx/

thanks

Yeah, I am sad that my bluetooth is broken again as well. I am trying your patch now to see if it gets my hardware working. Will reply back soon.

wt
--
You're more amazing than you think!