Re: QCA6390 bluetooth doesn't work after warm boot or disable/reenable

Wren Turkal <wt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Apr 04 10:15:06 braindead.localdomain kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: QCA
>>> Failed to send TLV segment (-110)
>>> Apr 04 10:15:06 braindead.localdomain kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: QCA
>>> Failed to download patch (-110)
>> Logs are mostly unchanges when restarting the bluetooth service
>> after a cold boot with the bluetooth originally working.
>>
>>> FWIW, I get similar logs after logging into KDE Plasma. I also get
>>> similar logs after a warm boot.
>>>
>>> This appears to be some kind of bug in the initialization of the
>>> hardware. Is there any additional information I can provide to help
>>> troubleshoot this problem.
>> I will also say that the bluetooth appears to work throught a
>> suspend/resume cycle as long as I don't restart the bluetooth
>> service.
>> Oh, and my laptop is a Dell 9310 if that helps.
>
> Kalle, I noticed that you reported having a Dell 9310 in 2021 in a
> message on this very mailing list. Do you happen to still have that
> laptop? If so, so you still test on that laptop at all? I am curious
> if it is having the same issue I am experiencing?

Yes, I still have that laptop and I use it as my daily driver. But I
don't use Bluetooth and I don't even have the Bluetooth enabled in my
.config.

BTW ath11k is a Wi-Fi driver so most likely it isn't affecting your
problem.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches